Villa Sofia is a provencal family home located 10 minutes walk to the center of the lovely village of Saint George d’Orques.
The house of 170m2 includes a 3 double bedrooms and studio and is fully equipped with air-conditioning. The mature mediterranean garden of about 2000m2 offers a peaceful environnement for travellers looking for total privacy though close to all local amenities and touristic attractions.
The main house :
The large entrance hall with grand staircase has a direct access to the living area and master bedroom.
On the same level an enfilade connects the living room directly onto the dining room and then the kitchen. Both dining room and kitchen open directly onto the East side of the garden where a lovely terrace is equipped with a dining table and plancha. On the East side, the living room opens onto a sun flooded terrace which has direct access to the pool area via a few steps.
On the other side of the entrance hall is the master bedroom with its private en-suite shower room and a guest toilet room.
A grand staircase leads to the first floor of the house where another two bedrooms share a shower room. One of these bedrooms benefits from a lovely East facing terrace overlong the garden and pool, and the other bedroom enjoys a unbroken view over the countryside.
The studio room :
From the hallway, a long staircase leads to the lower garden lever where a beautiful studio room is equipped with a double bed, a cot bed, and an en-suite bathroom. This studio room opens with french windows onto a large south facing open area dedicated to ball games and directly linked to the pool terrace.
The pool of 8×4 meters is surrounded by a large terrace and totally secured by a fence.
Games and entertainment at the property :
This property enjoys a multitude of different areas, either in the full sun or in the shade for everyone to chose what activity they prefer for their holidays :
– Petanque (Boules games) can be played under the tall pine trees
– Ping pong
– Sun bathing by the pool
– lots of garden furniture and tall parasols
– 3 terraces (1 of which is private to the bedroom nb:2)
– toddlers games
– a golf court is less than 10 minutes drive from the property
– a piano (non-professional)
Lots of parking spaces within the property
Wifi is not great
Local area :
Villa Sofia is the perfect family holiday home for travellers wishing to enjoy a perfectly relaxing time at the house though being walking distance to a traditional Languedoc village and close to all the local touristic and natural attractions :
– 10 minutes walk to Saint Georges d’Orques : 2 bakeries, 2 butchers, 2 pharmacies, Restaurant (L’atelier de Frau)
– 25 minutes to the beach of Les Aresquiers : a natural conservation area and a famous spot for Kyte Surf as well
– 20 to 25 minutes to Montpellier city center
– 20 minutes to Saint Guilhem le desert (UNESCO World heritage site and one of the most beautiful villages in France)
– 30 minutes to Pezenas
– 30 minutes to Sète
– 3 km to the Golf of Fontcaude in Juvignac